Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Do I Dare to Eat a Peach?

"I will wear my trousers rolled and walk upon the beach."

In a few days, we will be going to Vancouver to visit that new grandchild, and I'm getting very excited. We haven't really done any travelling since we bought our house 3 1/2 years ago, and I love the ocean. I suspect that Sprout will be ecstatic with the airplane ride, and thrilled with the beach and all its treasures.

Jim and I decided that we are both too old and tired to stay in a house with two babies waking up all night (Sprout and Elliot), so we took the plunge and booked a hotel room. It was a trip before that, and now it's a holiday!! Jim is a guy who can sleep and sleep, but peculiarly, on holidays he wakes up excited every day at 7:00 a.m. and wants to go do stuff. Conversely, I am a perky morning person, but like to sleep in like a pig when I'm on holidays. In the past when we were on holidays, Jim would always stand at the end of the bed and stare at me, and bug me, until I got up. Now maybe he and Sprout can get up together and go out and leave me alone. I'm trying not to get too excited about this, in case it doesn't happen, but - oh boy.

I have a few friends in Vancouver that I'm hoping to see, too, including some from Library school. I can't believe that I've been out of university for 10 years. It seems like such a blur since then. Rat race. Gerbil on a wheel. Library squirrel. Typical rodent stuff, I suppose (chip chrrrr).

1 Comments:

Blogger Woodchick said...

To quote Aunt Frieda, "Are you going to sleep until the sun shines up the crack of your ass?"

6:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home