Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Library Squirrel is One!

A monumentous day here in the Oak tree. Library Squirrel is one year old today. I almost never do anything for a year straight, so this is indeed a moment to celebrate. In honour of being One, I bring up for you a post from the early days that brings this whole 'library squirrel' thing together: ahem, ...a theory.

If you are visiting the Squirrel, take a moment to say which city you're reading from (even anonymously), and what you like best about Library Squirrel. Squirrels like to be told how sleek and perky we are, on our birthdays. Thanks for reading.

11 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

Happy birthday, sleek & perky Squirrel from Milton, Ontario.

3:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Library Squirrel Toddler!

7:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Calgary, reporting in! I really appreciate the humour and the Sprout anecdotes - I've got a 3-year old of my own and it's fun to compare the funny phrases. Do keep it up, won't you?

1:31 pm  
Blogger Woodchick said...

The title of your post reminds me of the movie Highlander..."There can be only one [Library Squirrel]." Happy first blogday, sister squirrel, from Oakville, Ontario.

9:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(as sung by Bill Murray)

"Happy Happy Birthday tooo you.
Happy Happy Birthday toooo you.
Happy Birthday library squirrrrell
Happy Happy birthday toooooooo youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu."

another saskatoon squirrel

12:52 pm  
Blogger liz said...

I really like that I am now pretty confident I could pronounce "Saskatchewan" and get away with it.

Ypsilanti, Michigan

1:17 pm  
Blogger liz said...

Oh--and Happy Blogthday!

1:17 pm  
Blogger Gwen said...

This was great, you guys, thanks.

10:03 pm  
Blogger carmilevy said...

Happy anniversary, Gwen. I'm sending you these charged particles from London, Ontario. What I like most about your site is the wonderful way you write about parenthood and family. You always find a way to make it seem to real to the rest of us.

6:27 pm  
Blogger carmilevy said...

Oops, make that SO real....Gaaa, my typing today is horrendous. Sorry about that!

6:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love reading your blog - they keep me entertained during those long hours at wheatland!

5:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home