Saturday, August 06, 2005

The Renos Continue

Not only are our fence and deck nearly finished, my sister has also led the charge to rip out all the lumpy crabgrass with a sod-cutter, rototill the back yard flat, stomp it and level it, design the new landscape, and finally lay new turf.

It's bee-yoo-tee-ful. And Jim and my sister are both nearly worn out with exhaustion. I am either working or babysitting when all this goes on, so I'm still relatively perky. I was around, though, for the day when we had to rent a truck to haul away the ton of dirt and old turf. Nothing like a visit to the landfill on your holiday.

Anyway, the back yard will only need a bit of painting and some gardening next year, and it will be done. Auntie Bean (my sister) is now trying to talk us into getting a 'Big Mama' Cherry Tree for the garden, which seems to be a hardy ornamental with big, tasty fruit. (I think Auntie Bean needs to go home before she maxes out our Visa cards any further.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Woodchick said...

huh?

9:28 am  
Blogger liz said...

Dang blog spammers.

7:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home