Monday, September 19, 2005

Zap It!

In late June, our basement flooded after the big Saskatoon rain, to the tune of two inches of water everywhere. We pumped it all out, dried everything, threw out the rugs, and it seemed to be all okay. It smells a bit musty, but nothing seems to be growing anywhere. Since then, we put a small area rug down there, so the cats have a cushy place to sleep at night.

Yesterday, I peeked under that area rug, and discovered a spot of what I'm sure is black mould. Yipe! I couldn't drag it out then, because Sprout was home and we had people visiting. I have this morning off before I work the evening shift, though, and so I'm going down directly to toss the rug and bleach the floors down there.

When things are going well, I love our little house. As soon as something like this occurs, though, I want to move to a third floor condo. Obviously working full time plus parenting has left me less resourceful in a pinch. I simply want to flee any extra problems that arise.

But today I'm just going to grab the opportunity to zap that mould back into oblivion. Take that, and that, you scoundrel.

1 Comments:

Blogger Woodchick said...

OK, the black mold thing is getting a little old. Get off your blogging ass already. Your biggest fan needs news.

9:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home