Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Early Bird

Sprout is a notoriously fitful sleeper. Aside from the three two-day weekends I've had away since my 2 1/2 year old was born, I've probably had at most 5 straight hours of sleep once. Usually, he wakes me up at 1:00, 3:00, 6:00, and 7:00 every night.

For the last two nights - they said that this would happen but I didn't really believe it - he went to sleep at 8:00 or 9:00 p.m., and slept right through to 6:00 a.m. Wow.

Last night I was having trouble sleeping myself, and didn't drop off until midnight. And yet, when he woke me at 6:00 a.m., I felt perky and totally rested. I suppose that six hours undisturbed is equal to the mental torture of being roused from deep sleep repeatedly. I'm good for go.

And that crossword was cake this morning, with all the extra time to spare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home