Friday, March 31, 2006

Things to Think About

There's always something to think about.

The other night, Sprout and I decided to party by going to Burger King for supper - and we ended up in line behind the family who took our kitties! It was a great chance to check on how everyone was doing over there, and the kitties are coming along famously. That put my heart at rest, because I was worrying a lot about poor Joe hiding in the basement for the rest of his little furry life.

So, the minute that was off my mind (although I still miss the furballs), Jim gives me the latest news. The rich people who have kids at our daycare want to pay our daycare lady, Suz, more money to get her to come out to their mansion daily and be their private nanny. I don't think she's going to go for it, because it would mean leaving the house at 7:30 a.m. every day, and either making her own kids change schools again to travel with her or leaving them to fend for themselves before and after school at home. But, as she said, "If they offer me $75,000 a year, I'd have to think about it." The rest of us middle-class parents are waiting with bated breath to see what happens. Do we all have to find new places for our sprouts to adjust to? I'm hoping not. We live a block from Suz's house - I'd miss the easy walk and the neighbourly feel of the whole thing. Not to mention the good care that Sprout gets there.

There's always something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home