Saturday, October 01, 2011

Frankenblog

It... lives....!!!

I miss blogging, but don't seem to do it anymore. I have decided to bring Library Squirrel back to life for the whole month of October, in hopes that it becomes a habit. For those of you who haven't heard from me for two years, let me set the stage.

I still work at the Library. Sometimes the bureaucracy grinds me down (= squirrel rage), but I still believe that down on the front lines we are still doing awesome things for people.

My son, Sprout, is growing like a weed, and is currently most interested in climbing trees, jumping in leaf piles, wants a multi-fangled pocket knife, and spends a lot of time trying to convince me to let him drink Pepsi.

We are again renovating our house - big windows, and more insulation, because of course we still live in the frozen north.

Aunt Frieda is pushing all my buttons, but occasionally acts her age and reminds me that even the most formidable person you ever met can have moments of childlike frailty.

I am doing stained glass as a hobby on and off, and am dabbling in doing commissions. I currently have a commissioned piece in the basement that's almost done and somehow I've hit the wall and can't finish it. It's driving me crazy, but some of my friends would say that this is simply my pattern and when the pressure is high enough, I will spring into action.

I love people. People make me belly-laugh every day.

I waste a lot of time on Facebook, and am attempting to leaven that sloth with reading classic novels. Right now I am reading the whole Narnia series (I love C. S. Lewis), and the roaring creation story in 'The Magician's Nephew' is stuck in my brain. Very compelling.

Squirrels still think they're very smart, but like to be smart with a latte, discussing the matters of the day at tiny neighbourhood cafes.

Tomorrow I will tell you about Bounty Bars.

5 Comments:

Blogger Business Library said...

Great to hear from you again Gwen!

10:47 pm  
Blogger Gwen said...

Hi Paul! It's been a long time, hasn't it!

10:30 pm  
Blogger Alicia said...

Gwen! It's been ages! Sprout must be a giant by now since my little girl is about to turn 5. Holy cow.

I look forward to your posts!

And I must tell you, I still dream about those chocolate/peanut butter magic middle cookies. I still have all the recipes you gave me years ago.

11:43 am  
Blogger Julie said...

Hi Gwen,

It's great to get an update on you and your life! I'd love to see you post a photo of your stained glass piece when you've completed it! (which I know you will, because here you are back on Blogger!!).

Looking forward to your newly developing blogging habit again, Julie

3:42 pm  
Blogger Gwen said...

Ladies that I've never met, I am touched by your kind words. Stay tuned for more inanity. Or insanity. Or Saskatchewanity.

8:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home