Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Squirrel in Pearls

Okay, not pearls, but vintage! For our raucous staff Christmas party this weekend, I dusted off one of my vintage outfits to live - for a few hours - my former clothes-horse life of glamour. I wore a floor-length skirt with a matching top - made of material with tiny silver filaments woven througout. Happening to glance at the tag in the back of the dress, I had a good laugh, because my dress was made of 90% polyester and "10% metal." Now that's dressing up. This squirrel doesn't wear metal every day, you know.

And today I am sporting green, wool, old-lady pants (the ones with the crease sewn on!) that I purchased at the Mennonite Clothes Closet on the weekend (only the most fabulous thrift shop in all of Saskatoon). I vascillate between "they're so ugly" and "they're so cool" in my opinion of these pants. One minute, I'm Katharine Hepburn slouching around in "Desk Set", and the next minute I'm sure that my butt is screaming "TanJay"!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Woodchick said...

Definitely Hepburn, darling.

5:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home