Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Odd Comment Thing

I am noticing something odd about Blogger comments lately. Most comments that someone leaves show up, but occasionally one of two things will happen. Either I will get a notice in my e-mail that someone left a comment, but the comment never appears on Library Squirrel. Or, a comment will appear and I will never be advised of it in my e-mail - and then I will stumble across it by chance days later. It's very odd.

I love getting comments, of course, so to not see that they're there is a bit startling. And if you've ever wondered why I rarely comment on the blogs of others or answer comments, it's because I think all the comments that I leave sound stupid. It's something about not having found my comment voice yet. I always read them after I've posted them, and think I don't sound like myself, or I sound dippy or tinny or whatever. There's altogether too much self-flaggelation involved to do it on a regular basis.

That being said, I am often able to comment on Carmi's posts because he asks such nice open-ended questions, and I admire Liz's excellent commenting style - may I be such a natural some day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Woodchick said...

I think you're a natural, Gwenners! Love it when you comment on my silly life.

9:49 pm  
Blogger liz said...

That Carmi does have a great response-eliciting blog style.

I am quite certain that most of my comments to others appear pretty dumb, yet I can't seem to stop doing it!

(Admittedly, I cultivate an air of the ridiculous in general for camouflage on just that sort of occasion.)

I think your comments come across as quite normal and....hmmmm.... neighborly, I guess I'd say.

(After all, it's not as though you use "LOL" or extraneous exclamation points.)

10:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home