Monday, December 05, 2005

Michael, Row Your Boat Ashore...

Last weekend, I purchased the ugliest 70s swag lamp from the Habitat for Humanity Restore. We need to get our back room rewired so the light hangs down over the dining table, but we don't want to spend the money on it right now. Instead of spending $100 on a temporary fix, I decided to find an old swag that plugs into the outlet to try to make it work for cheap.

I struck it 'rich' at the Restore, where they actually had five swags for me to choose from, and all the lighting was 25% off! So, for $7.00, I got the brown wicker upside-down tulip-shaped swag lamp with the giant globe inside. It's ugly, but it works like a damn.

And it makes me giggle. Every time I look at it, I want to sing Nana Mouskouri (sp?)songs. Cumbaya...

2 Comments:

Blogger Woodchick said...

I believe it's "Kumbaya". But I've been wrong before. Great to have you back, Squirrel!

9:11 am  
Blogger Gwen said...

I hate it that I suddenly can't spell properly. It's like my spelling gene died. Thanks for watching out for me - I may need you to walk me across the street next...

9:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home