Friday, November 18, 2005

Los Patrones

People never cease to amaze.

A few weeks ago, one of our more self-sufficient patrons was having trouble with the printer and I offered to print stuff off the web for her from my machine. She wanted to go to the Vatican website and print a speech by the new Pope. This was not amazing. What was amazing was that she wanted to print the speech in English, French, German, and I think Spanish. She can read all of those languages, and wanted to see if he had said anything differently to each group. I love it when people surprise me with their skills.

And the other night, a marginalized patron who for years was obsessed with statistics on serial killers in Canada (yes, rather creepy research), has now refocused his energy on reading poetry. Makes this librarian so happy. Sniff.

Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home