Thursday, August 03, 2006

Me

I am going through a period of emotional growth and change. It's always a good thing, because in the end of it I understand myself better and find innovative ways to improve my life.

I just wish it didn't come with quite so much self-loathing. Or I wish that I was too stupid to notice when I behave badly.

And then, in the midst of despair, I will have exceptionally perky moments. I got the pushmower sharpened the other day, and cutting the grass without using electricity pops Bridget Jones-type thoughts into my head: "Am ecological resource-preserving goddess, doing my part to save the beleaguered environment."

It's nuts to be me.

Said the squirrel.

2 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

Darn learning experiences. They're only priceless after they're over, and even then it often seems that there could have been some better, nicer, way to learn whatever the heck it was.

1:19 pm  
Blogger liz said...

One of my favorite self-help books to show to people feeling bad in general.

(Invariably people think I'm bringing out some specific tome addressing their specific Issues, and at least the cover makes them laugh. The actual text is printed in some kind of fake-handwriting font, which is very distracting. However, if one can handle its highly zen approach to discussing life, it does actually have some useful information.)

6:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home