Tuesday, October 18, 2011

How?

How do people blog every single day? I am just exhausted at the end of the day. Every night I got nothing to say. But here goes.

I think parenting really kicks me in the ass. It really doesn't come naturally for me. I find it such hard work.

Tonight, I took Sprout to a Provincial Election Forum at the Library, because I thought he might find it an interesting experience. He was very well behaved, as kids go in kid-boring meetings, and he could quote whole sections of the forum afterwards, so he must have been listening quite closely. I couldn't be prouder of Sprout; he's a smarty, and he pays attention.

Until he gets home.

Then I can talk until I'm blue in the face, and he still won't have his pajamas on or his teeth brushed. If I didn't have to try so hard to get someone short to do the things required to move through life successfully, I think I would be a much happier parent.

But that's what a significant portion of parenting is: nagging and moral compass-reading. Hence my quandary.

Perhaps a beer would help. Yes. Mama's little helper.

Garcon?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home