Thursday, September 23, 2004

Monkey Mook

Sprout is 19 months old today, and I'm still breastfeeding. I am happy to report that I have not gotten/noticed any of the evil looks you're supposed to get when you breastfeed a child that's older. Maybe Saskatoon is just a very supportive place.

I'm letting The Sprout wean himself (that's the plan so far), and so the theme is 'don't offer, don't refuse'. Aside from the all-night buffet, he doesn't nurse very often.

When he does want to nurse, he either says, "Mummy Mook" (Mummy Milk) or "Monkey Mook". "Monkey Mook" is usually when he really needs comfort. It means he wants me and my milk, but it also means he wants to clutch his blue stuffed monkey in a fervent embrace at the same time.

Name your bliss, Sprout.

3 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:10 pm  
Blogger liz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:11 pm  
Blogger liz said...

My little siblings all loved to twine their sticky little fingers in my mother's long hair when they nursed, and somehow her hair became "Myrtie", tangentially through similarity to a cat (who says "myrrr"). Anyway, one of my brothers collected a wad of the hair which he dubbed "Myrtie-ball" and kept as a pseudo-plush toy. Gross, but also funny.

6:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home