Sunday, October 31, 2004

The English Language According to the Sprout

milk = mook
Cheerios = 1-todos, 2-choolios, 3-chooreos (most recent version)
juice = doos
feed those cats = feedose cats
nail = nayno
broom = vroom or vwoom
basket = bastick (as in "A tistick, a tastick, alossa lello bastick")(sung atonally)
Batman = baman!
tickles = tikkoes!
switch = fwitch
how alarming = hoe lamming! (this is what we say to each other, when we set the home security system and it beeps)
peas = peas
please = peas

And my current favourite:

nail clippers = kipponaynos (as in "Wanta kipponaynos, peas.")

3 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

I really like "kipponaynos"!

That kind of construction upholds Chomsky's theories, too.

7:27 pm  
Blogger Gwen said...

I like "Seesha" a lot! That's a good one.

10:15 am  
Blogger Woodchick said...

I seem to recall Cheerios being, at some point, "toolololos". That was my fav.

3:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home