Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Brrr

It's stinking cold here these days. Right now, Environment Canada is saying that the current Saskatoon temperature is -19 degrees Celsius (that's -2 degrees Fahrenheit for you Americans), with a windchill of -29 degrees Celsius (or -19 F for all y'all).

I never hear this on the radio anymore, but I used to love it when they would quote how long it would take for you to start to freeze at the current temperature: "...exposed flesh will freeze in [5] minutes..." Don't you love the Prairie outlook on life.

I suppose that the most amazing thing, upon which I should be commenting, is the fact that there are actually a lot of people in the Library on a Wednesday night when it is -20 degrees! I guess we're all acclimatizing, and it's business as usual. Personally, I would be at home with my warm felt slippers on, if I had my druthers, instead of squeaking through the hard-packed snow to the Library. But I have books to read at home, so I suppose I can say that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home