Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I Love a Road Trip

I had the most fantastic road trip to Edmonton on the weekend, a librarian road trip.

Many years ago, my roommate Mo and I lived on the main floor of a house where there was a man from France in the suite on the second floor. I think his name was Sylvain. Sylvain LOVED Edmonton. If you mentioned it to him, he would give an ecstatic shrug and sigh, "Ahhh! H'aydmonton!" with half-closed eyes.

I am beginning to understand the attraction. What a great city.

We did many, many fun things. Croissants. Library tour. Fine lunch. Trendy shopping. Indian food for supper. Beer drinking in a tiny pub. Bread pudding with whiskey cream sauce. And we got to stay in a book-lover's condominium home in the sky - with great librarian hideaway ambience. Ahh!! H'edmonton.

But what I think I enjoyed most was that strangers on the street look at you as they pass and smile a full-on genuine smile. It happened over and over again to me all day. It was great.

There is a possibility, of course, that something was terribly wrong with me, like my fly was undone and it was making people laugh, but I don't think so.

1 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

Dang--if I may say dang--you've made me want to move there right away!

(I'm in a location-scopey mood anyway.)

7:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home