Tuesday, September 12, 2006

New Branch

I was going to say "New Tree" - going with the squirrel theme - but couldn't pass up the opp to pun with "New Branch".

Yes, indeed, I have a new job in the Library. In October, I am going to become the branch supervisor at the small branch with the big heart. It's not a financial promotion - I'll earn the same as now - but it's a heck of an opportunity to learn about planning budgets, developing community ties, and managing people.

And so I am not only an occasional blogger, I am an occasional blogger with a job to tidy up in three short weeks. Sorry if you hear from me even less than usual...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Gwen! I had always thought AT would be a great branch to work at. I am envious indeed. When do you start?

9:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS - the previous comment was from me here in Edmonton. Sorry for leaving you in limbo as to who left the comment ;) AG

9:06 pm  
Blogger Gwen said...

Somehow I guessed it was you, AG! I start at the beginning of October. Here's sad news though - because I'm changing jobs, I can't come to the Netspeed conference!! Damn, damn, triple damn. Must talk to TS about another road trip instead.

9:14 pm  
Blogger PostCards said...

Congrats on your new challenge, Squirrel! May your new branch be sturdy and cozy.

5:54 am  
Blogger liz said...

Congratulations! A new set of (interesting) tasks is nice even without a raise.

8:25 pm  
Blogger Peter said...

Gwen...I was very happy to see you the other day at SPL, and wish you the best in your new job. When will you be entertaining visitors?

8:50 am  
Blogger Gwen said...

Hey Peter, come and visit any time!

7:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home