Tuesday, September 12, 2006

New Branch

I was going to say "New Tree" - going with the squirrel theme - but couldn't pass up the opp to pun with "New Branch".

Yes, indeed, I have a new job in the Library. In October, I am going to become the branch supervisor at the small branch with the big heart. It's not a financial promotion - I'll earn the same as now - but it's a heck of an opportunity to learn about planning budgets, developing community ties, and managing people.

And so I am not only an occasional blogger, I am an occasional blogger with a job to tidy up in three short weeks. Sorry if you hear from me even less than usual...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Gwen! I had always thought AT would be a great branch to work at. I am envious indeed. When do you start?

9:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS - the previous comment was from me here in Edmonton. Sorry for leaving you in limbo as to who left the comment ;) AG

9:06 pm  
Blogger Gwen said...

Somehow I guessed it was you, AG! I start at the beginning of October. Here's sad news though - because I'm changing jobs, I can't come to the Netspeed conference!! Damn, damn, triple damn. Must talk to TS about another road trip instead.

9:14 pm  
Blogger PostCards said...

Congrats on your new challenge, Squirrel! May your new branch be sturdy and cozy.

5:54 am  
Blogger liz said...

Congratulations! A new set of (interesting) tasks is nice even without a raise.

8:25 pm  
Blogger Peter Scott said...

Gwen...I was very happy to see you the other day at SPL, and wish you the best in your new job. When will you be entertaining visitors?

8:50 am  
Blogger Gwen said...

Hey Peter, come and visit any time!

7:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home