Sunday, May 06, 2007

All Volunteered Out

I just finished running 70 volunteers at the Sask. Library Assn conference this weekend. It was a smashing success all around. Last time I worked on this conference, there were many little disasters to work out, but this time it was like clockwork. And in terms of my area of responsibility - volunteer recruitment and coordination - it was fantastic.

I've been working on it like a crazy woman for probably the last six weeks, in between my other work responsibilities, but it was so rewarding. People were awesome volunteers. Whatever I asked for, someone would take on.

Saskatchewan libraries are known for their collaboration and cooperative ventures for the benefit of all. I really saw this on a close and personal level this weekend, from all the individuals involved.

I'm proud of us.

(And I'm ready to sleep for a week.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home