Friday, May 25, 2007

School Mom

I am declaring myself an official School Mom, based on what happened in the wee hours yesterday.

At 2:00 a.m. yesterday, Jim rolled over, nudged me with his elbow, and said, "Playdough!" To which statement, I responded, "Oh, shit!!" Yesterday morning was to be our turn to bring playdough to the cooperative preschool that Sprout goes to - and I went to sleep with Sprout at 8:30 p.m. and never got up again to make the playdough.

So, at 2:30 a.m., I found myself sifting through playdough recipes to find one that was peanut-butter free and had no exotic, fishy ingredients like alum (who would want their child working with stuff that has alum in it anyway?!?). At 6:30 a.m., I was up again, making said playdough. And kneading in the food colouring. And wrapping it in plastic. In order to disappoint no short people.

I've arrived.

4 Comments:

Blogger PostCards said...

That is SO something that would happen to me! And that is exactly how it would happen...a one-word reminder at the most inappropriate time that would instantly set off a frenzy of activity. Good on you for coming through for the short people!

12:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also admire you getting up in the middle of the night..but I can't believe that you would have a CHOICE of what play dough recipe to choose from!!...wow...jane M

8:42 pm  
Blogger carmilevy said...

You're supermom! I probably wouldn't have even woken up...I would have been driving to the all-night superstore to buy the stuff before breakfast.

Hope all is well with you, Gwen. Haven't seen a new post in a bit. Drop me a line when you chime back in. Your voice is missed.

8:05 pm  
Blogger Alicia said...

Hi Gwen!
It's Alicia, that lil' ole evil faerie you traded recipes with a few years back. I just became a mommy 9 months ago, and now I see what I have to look forward to! You are indeed a SuperMom. Glad to see you're still blogging.

10:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home