Saturday, June 05, 2004

A Story for Argotnaut

I have a feeling that Argotnaut is a German language reader, and so this story is for her.

Ich war 3 Monaten in Deutschland (Bayern) vor 12 Jarhe, zum Kuchenhilferin. Ich mich erinnere nur ein bisschen Deutsch, und so entschuldigung fur meine Grammatik. Am meistens, waschte ich Tischen, schalte ich Rettich und Kartoffeln, und machte ich Spaetzle. Ich habe zufiel Bieren getranken, zufiel Schnitzel gegessen, und zufiel getanzen im Discotek. Aber war es Spass. Es war mein 'Summer of Love', aber gab es kein Lieb, verstehen Sie.

Meine Geschichte: Ich war 21 Jahre alt, und allen die Jungen waren 17 Jahre alt. Wann ich sagte dass ich 21 Jahre, sie sagten immer zu mir, "Du konnst mit meine Oma sprechen!" Ich war so alt! Sie sagten mir immer auch "Du kommst aus Kanada. Kennst du meinen Kousin?" Jetzt, spreche ich Deutsche nie, und so ich kann nur 'Zwiebel', 'Spaetzle', 'Schurze', 'Kuchen', und so mich erinnern. Usually. Today I'm doing pretty good. Tell me a German story. I'd love to hear it.

3 Comments:

Blogger argotnaut said...

Eigentlich erinnern Sie sich viel! Grammatik macht nichts . . . ich könnte alles verstehen. :)

Meine Grammatik braucht dringend Hilfe. Aber man kann nur immer weiter lernen, oder?

12:15 am  
Blogger Gwen said...

Argotnaut, you have fantastic German, I can tell. I studied it (one class a year) for 3 years, and so I have a nose for the well-trained Deutschophone. I studied German mainly because I thought my ancestors came from Germany (my father and all my grandparents have been dead for quite a few years, so I couldn't ask them as an adult). A few years into it, though, I discovered that my ancestors all came from the Black Sea area of Russia. It seems Catherine the Great invited a bunch of German people to come live in Russia a number of generations before, and so there was a large German community in that area. My folks moved to Canada when the Bolsheviks started to mess around with things at the beginning of the 20th Century. Anyway, blah blah blah. Stay tuned for stories of the Liebenthal, Saskatchewan homestead, and what can happen to the German language over time.

8:29 pm  
Blogger argotnaut said...

Ich habe fast vergisst . . . Sie dürfen auch mein altes Journal bei http://ichuebermich.blogspot.com/ lesen . . . mit Kommentar über _Himmel über Berlin_. Aber vor einem Jahr war mein Deutsch noch schlimmer . . . :)

9:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home