Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Fishing

My Michigan correspondent recently told me that the comments feature was disabled for a while on Library Squirrel. I had no idea, and so was feeling all droopy alone on my tree branch, because no one was commenting. Not even the Thailand tourist, who is always good for a choice phrase! Now that comments is working again, I'm a happy squirrel.

This got me thinking about how blogging is a little like fishing. You put your line out there, hoping you'll get a bite. Fishing for comments is like fishing for com/pli/ments? Do I write to write, or do I write to start a conversation?

2 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

Well, as a psychologist, I can say one thing, but just for fun I'll say it several ways:

Humans (and squirrels) are by nature social creatures.
Nothing happens in a vacuum.
No man [sic] is an island.
"Make me one with everything!" (Zen Buddhist to hot dog vendor.)

9:24 am  
Blogger Gwen said...

Thanks Michigan, I always appreciate your comments.

10:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home