Friday, February 04, 2005

There's a Baby!

Jim's daughter A had her baby last night, which makes Jim a grandfather and makes me a 'something'. I'm a very pleased 'something', but can't quite grasp the idea of me being a grandmother (especially with my own toddler at my feet).

Uncle Sprout doesn't really get the whole concept of 'your sister A who lives very far away just had a new baby', and so just stares at us non-committally. He'll understand better when we make the trek to Lotus Land in March to visit the new sproutling.

I can't wait.

It's a boy, by the way, and they hadn't named it yet by the time they called us at 3:00 a.m. We had a little party here, and then went back to bed (although Sprout really didn't want to go back to bed after being up for a while).

It's an exciting time.

2 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

Maybe you could just be..I don't know, "Nana"? Seems a lot less grandmotherly. (And "Stepgramma" just doesn't seem to quite cover it!)

5:48 pm  
Blogger carmilevy said...

Anything with a "step" in it is too cold, while anything with a "grand" is too old. I like the sound of Utopia.

7:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home