Sunday, October 02, 2005

Birthday Week

Yay, it's birthday week!

My birthday is in a few days, but a number of years ago my lovely husband stretched 'birthday' into 'birthday week'. It's too good. It basically means that I get to be queen for a day for 7-10 days!

Yesterday, for example, we went shopping all together as a family unit (Jim dislikes too much shopping, but was willing to go anyway), followed by pancakes at the Broadway Cafe, followed by collective puttering in the yard, and capped off by homemade lasagne a la Umberto Menghi cookbook (3 hours prep). Friday night, he babysat the Sprout while I went for drinks with the librarians. Today he spoiled me with perogies, eggs, and farmer's sausage for breakfast (I am a German girl, after all), and then gave me a ride to work.

I think I'm going to turn 37, but I've seriously lost track and don't have the mental energy to do the math. Sounds like a bad case of denial, doesn't it. Deny? Me? Nope. No way. No how. Uh-uh. Nay.

But I'll be sure take all that birthday week has to offer anyway. Since I worked today (Sunday), I get tomorrow off. I'm going to putter some more in the garden, and maybe even have a snooze on the lounge chair with my fuzzy Fall coat on. Nothing like watching the leaves turn colour on a brisk day.

And my dorky haircut is suddenly becoming an act of genius, like Carie's cuts always do. It's all shaping up to be a great week.

3 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

Happy birthday week!

I think this is a great idea. Especially since TheLimey and I have birthdays within 2 days of one another.

7:08 am  
Blogger Gwen said...

'Birthday week' is a genius invention. You two probably need to do 'birthday fortnight', if its all squashed together like that.

1:33 pm  
Blogger liz said...

I think any "fortnight"-long celebration is a good idea, in any case.

6:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home