Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Holy Moly

Squirrel on a treadmill!

So last night I did a computer class with the librarian at the Deep Dark Woods Branch, and since I was doing a program downtown first thing this morning, I loaded all the computer equipment into my car to take back here. I also got a head-cold mid-program, which made me slightly dull and whiny.

Half-way downtown, my car died. Oh, very dull.

I can't really complain since it died a half-block from my favourite service station, and the tow-truck guy and the taxi driver were very helpful. A break-down can't happen in a better way. I was feeling very tense, however, when I had to leave $4000.00 of computer equipment alone in my car while I called the tow-truck. Could you imagine the fur that would fly if someone walked off with the library's computer equipment? Not good.

By 10:15 p.m., I was home, by 11:00 p.m. I was sleeping, and by 8:15 a.m. I was back downtown (avec my new friends the hard drive and three bags of other stuff) to set up for the day's programs. This morning I taught a staff training program on 'Searching the Invisible Web' with a colleague, and this afternoon, I taught 'Advanced Internet Searching' with someone else. Both classes went well, but now I am spent. I am toast. I am an airhead who just wants a cheeseburger and a really big milkshake.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you are cheesetoast!

5:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home