Monday, October 10, 2005

Trekking

Jim worked Saturday, and Sprout and I decided to go on a big adventure.

We took the wagon and hopped on the bus to Riversdale. My plan: to start at the 'toboggan hill' (still green at this time of year) south of Avenue C, and walk the Meewasin Trail along the river until we arrived back home.

Somebody many years ago had the brilliant idea to limit development along the riverbank in Saskatoon, and to create a wild space in the middle of the City. This means that on both banks, there are trees, woods, walking trails, and incredible views of the river and our seven(?) bridges.

We rolled down the toboggan hill, chased gophers, had a picnic, hiked the trail, looked at clouds, played frisbee, etc. It was great fun. We detoured to the Library to see Daddy (and use the potty), and we stopped for coffee and muffins at one of our favourite haunts.

At some point, Sprout got sleepy and I made a bed in the bottom of the wagon. Man, kids can sleep anywhere. If I bounced along with my head on the edge of a wagon, with no matter how much padding, I'd pay. By the time we got home, I was sleepy and Sprout was awake and refreshed. Thank goodness Ronnie showed up from down the street to play, and so they played in the dirt while I sat on the porch and stared at nothing.

It was a fantastic day.

1 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

Sounds like great fun. I can't wait to have my own little LimeSprout so I can do those things too! (Ooh, and playing in the mud.) :)

6:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home