Friday, October 28, 2011

Librarian by Day, Fairy by Night

...Veggie Fairy, that is.

I worked all day, and then had exactly 1 hour to come up with a costume for the City Park Halloween Dance tonight.

I attempted Sherlock Holmes, but no hat. I attempted Hercule Poirot, but no eyebrow pencil. At one desperate moment, I was all dressed in green and I said to Jimbo, "That's it. I'm going as a zucchini," and he shot me down with a disapproving look. But it's a process, right? So from walking zucchini, I moved on to Veggie Fairy. As in that person who sneaks up to your house in the Fall and leaves a pile of zucchini and tomatoes on your back porch, and then runs away.

Green clothes. Diaphanous green sparkly veil. Basket full of paper vegetables to give away. In 10 minutes flat, I was outfitted, and it got the husbandly nod of approval.

Whew. Another one down.

I had it easy a few years ago when Martha Stewart was in prison. All I needed for my costume was a striped jailbird shirt with a prison number taped to the pocket.

Other years, fate doesn't throw something so readily into your lap.

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Loved your post - and want to see a photo of your costume!

1:25 pm  
Blogger Gwen said...

Thanks Julie! Sadly, there was no photo, but perhaps Monday night I can recreate the VF.

9:05 pm  
Blogger Julie said...

That would be awesome - have fun at the library today!

4:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home