Sunday, June 06, 2004

Kitchen Renovations - Day 0

In case you care - and I know a sister in Thailand who might actually want to follow this - I am about to embark on the daily chronicle of the kitchen renovations.

We did not renovate today, but we did a bunch of prep. The fridge is in the living room. The dining room table is in the spare room with the neighbour's hotplate (looks actually like a lot of college suites I lived in). The baby gate has been moved, squeezing the larger than life Sprout into an even tinier space. The cats have gone to Lauveen's.

All this happened during Sprout's afternoon nap, and so when he woke up we had to give him the grand tour with explanatory notes. We didn't mention the cats, but after about an hour, Sprout started saying "Kitty, kitty, meow, meow" which didn't sound like a question, but which must have been. Have been trying to explain to my son that the kitties are on a visit to Auntie Lauveen's. He seems satisfied with that.

Auntie Lauveen's (she ain't my aunt, she's my co-worker) is like heaven for cats. Joe and Jack have been there before during big renovations, and they never seem to want to come back. Must be something about the triple helpings of kibble and tinned squishy that they get from their lovin' temporary mother. So, happy cats.

Poor Sprout, on the other hand. Sprout has a terrible snotty cold, a slight fever, and is getting four very difficult teeth. He sleeps with us, and so being up all night is not as hellish as it might be if he were sleeping in the other room, but it's still rough in its own way. Co-sleeping is a topic for a different day, though. Suffice to say that I hope I don't swing the crowbar tomorrow and take off my foot from sleep deprivation.

One last thing on renovations - did the dishes in the old sink for the last time tonight, and then somehow felt compelled to wipe down the counter that tomorrow will be dumped into the 12-foot Loraas bin in the back yard. Why? Me no know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Summer said...

I came across your Blog while perusing the list. I love it. I'm going to follow your renovations, as my life is totally boring. Good luck today!

4:21 am  
Blogger Gwen said...

Hi Summer, welcome to Library Squirrel! Hope you enjoy it.

5:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home