Tuesday, March 29, 2005

RSS

I am trying to teach myself rudimentary RSS, which is the other side of blogging, so sometime in the Fall I can teach a class on it. I understand the fundamentals, but I can't get some of the simpler elements of it to work for me. Let's face it, I think it's kinda boring.

And yet, I know that it's the side of blogging that should be really exciting for librarians.

I should be getting all zippy about the potential of getting news from a variety of sources, instead of canned/biased news from a few multinational news corporations. It should be seen as an opportunity to get diverse opinions and unfiltered descriptions of events. Sounds good, right? Right.

Am trying to get all zippy. Come on, zippy. Yeah.

1 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

When I finally discover that herb that increases motivation for tedious paperwork, I'll send it to you for testing regarding related treatments. Such as motivation for tedious computer work.

6:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home